Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Final days of Summer



Well here I am again posting after an all to long break in posts. I promose that some day I will be more efficient and post more regularly, but until then here is what I got. This summer has gone by so fast! I was going to school full time, working and being a mommy to four very busy little people. This by its self makes me tired just thinking of it, but to add to that we also had a few additional life changes.




WE MOVED TO A NEW HOUSE!


There it is our very first private single family house, granted its a rental but still its all ours for the next year. I love it we have a garage and a fully fenced backyard, plus we are one block from a park and a fishing pond.


Our next big adventure was T-Ball. Alex is officially a BOY he has completed a full season of T-Ball (He even has a metal to prove it,lol). T-ball was a very interesting mix of organized sports and choas since the players do not have to follow any real rules, while playing a game with TONS of important rules. Still he did great and even overcame his fear of getting hit in the head with a ball!
Odessa had a new activity this summer as well, she is in dance class. It is so fun to watch her do little girly things. She is such a brute in everyday life that it is rare to see her in this way! Her final performance is on August 13th (pics to come!).
Now that all being said, I am so excited and scared of whats next: The big K work, thats right KINDERGARTEN. My first born, my baby, is starting kindergarten in two weeks. Ok so I guess a better way to summarize what I am feeling is terrified! I have no idea how to do this part. I get babies and I get teens, but I know nothing about the in betweens. I guess this will just be a day by day and then by the time I figure it out it will be to late to change. I guess thats parenting!
Also about the same time as Alex starts kindergarten I will be an official full time benefitted employee with Primary Childrens Medical Center. This means that I will be at work 36 scheduled hours per week. In exchange I will have medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and retirement. This is a huge relief because for the last few years the winter has hit our pocket books hard and this will provide a nice "pillow".
Well I guess thats it for now but I will update soon with Odessa's dance pics!

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Kindergarten starts a week later than the other kids I would guess the first day would be the 31st. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will do fine. No Sweat. Alex will love it.

    ReplyDelete